The Melrose Park Public Library focuses on meeting the educational, informational, and cultural needs of the racially and economically diverse community of Melrose Park, Illinois.
Dr. P.B. Kionka founded the Melrose Park Public Library on August 16, 1897. The Library opened its doors on January 15, 1898 with 424 books. The Library was housed in the Village Hall located on 17th & Lake St. On October 10, 1971, the library relocated to its current location 801 N Broadway (19th Ave.)
We are located at 801 Broadway (also known as 19th Ave.) in Melrose Park, Illinois.