Get a Library Card
The Melrose Park Public Library Card is available for free to residents of Melrose Park’s 60160 zip code. The card allows you to checkout materials from SWAN libraries, access Internet computers in the library and use subscription databases.
Register Online for a Digital Card
You can now register online using our Online Patient Registration Tool.
Patron Registration Process:
- Patrons will receive immediate confirmation during the registration process indicating successful registration, including their temporary barcode and how to reset their PIN.
- They will also receive a generic SWAN-generated confirmation email containing their barcode and reiterating what they can do with the card.
- Upon registration, patrons will be granted full access to your library’s digital resources including e-books and databases.
- Registrations are restricted to addresses within your library’s service area zip codes.
- During the COVID-19 quarantine:
- These cards are valid for 90-days (requiring library verification for further extension).
- These cards cannot place holds on physical materials or checkout physical materials without being upgraded to a full access card by library staff.
Watch this step by step video tutorial on how to register online for a digital card. If you have questions about how to register, please come by or call us: (708) 649-7400.
Log in to check your account, renew items, place/cancel holds, pay fines online, modify your email or PIN. If you don’t know your PIN, you can click ‘Forgot PIN’ and get it emailed to you. You may also reset your PIN in person at the Circulation Desk.
Answers About Your Library Card