Reserve and Use the PODs
The PODs are provided for individuals and for small groups of two-ten persons to work together without disturbing other library users.
Reservations and Use
- Reservations may be made up to 1 week in advance on a first-come, first-served basis, walk-ins are welcome when the PODs are not in use or reserved.
- Tentative dates may be held, but cannot be confirmed until agreement has been signed.
- PODs are available:
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM
- Tuesday & Thursday: 11:30 AM – 6:30 PM
- Saturdays: 10:30 AM – 1:00 PM (Closed last Saturday of the month and every Saturday Memorial Day-Labor Day)
- Use by an individual or group is limited to 2 days per week.
- In order to accommodate multiple users, an individual or group may use the PODs for up to 4 hours per day. The time may be extended in half-hour increments if nobody is waiting.
- A vacated POD is considered abandoned after 15 minutes and may be assigned to another individual or group.
- The PODs are not available for persons operating a business or selling merchandise or services, with the exception of:
- Tutors who are compensated for academic tutoring
- The library reserves the right to cancel a reservation.
- A valid Melrose Park Library card in good standing or photo identification is required at sign-in.
- The individual who signs for the room is responsible for appropriate use of the POD, and for ensuring that the POD is left in good condition upon vacating.
General Room Use Policies
- Sign-In and Out: Users must complete and sign POD agreement when signing –in and out.
- Food and Drink: Only beverages with lids are allowed in the PODs. Food is not permitted.
- Decorations: Attaching materials of any kind to the walls, floors, ceilings, or doors is not allowed.
- Damages: Users will be liable for custodial maintenance or repairs if any damage is done to the premises, furniture, or equipment and may be denied future use of the PODs if damages occur.
- Banned Substances: Smoking, alcoholic beverages, and the use of hazardous materials are not allowed on library property.
- Clean up: Users are responsible for leaving the PODs as they found it.
- Personal Property: The library is not responsible for loss or damage to the personal property of individuals or groups using any library facilities.
- Furniture: Furniture may not be brought into or removed from the PODs.
- Noise level: Users shall keep the noise level to a minimum and shall not disrupt other library users. If noise level disrupts other users of the library, the individuals causing the excessive noise shall be removed from the PODs.
Failure to abide by POD and library conduct policies may result in denial of future use of the PODs.