Who can use curbside/outdoor pickup, and when?
Beginning Wednesday, June 3 curbside/outdoor pickup will be available for Melrose Park Public library card holders only. Initially this service will be made available between 10am and 4pm Monday-Friday.
What items will be available for pickup?
During this phase of curbside/outdoor pickup, all available items will be from the Melrose Park Library’s collection only. Items cannot be requested from other libraries.
How does the Curbside/Outdoor Pickup Service work?
- Library staff will notify you when your requested items are ready for pickup, and a convenient pickup time will be scheduled.
- Upon arriving at the library in a car, park in one of two designated spots in the library parking lot, open your trunk, and get back into your car.
- Notify the library of your arrival and your parking spot arrival by phoning the library 708-649-7482.
- A staff member will bring out your bagged items and place them in your trunk.
- Remain in your car until the staff member leaves. Remember to close your trunk before driving away!
How do I return items?
Returned items may be placed in the library’s bookdrop at the top of the library’s stairs. If you are picking up items via curbside service, staff will bring a return cart out to your car.
How do I request materials?
You can request materials through the SWAN catalog (https://swanlibs.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/mps) using your library account (you will need your barcode and PIN to do so), you can email email@example.com, you can chat with a staff member using the library’s chatbox, or you can phone library staff at 708-649-7485.
Is curbside pickup available to pedestrians and bike riders?
Yes but masks must be worn and six-feet of social distance must be maintained. You must call 708-649-7481 to arrange for pedestrian pickup.
Will the library be open to the public during this phase of curbside pickup?
The library will not be open to the public with the exception of appointment-only computer usage for Melrose Park residents aged 16 and over. Appointments to use a computer between 9:30am and 3:30pm Monday through Friday can be made by calling 708-649-7485.